Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

283 results found

1. Errata in slide

It seems like there is an error on slide 7.5.3.3 in CCNA 2 RSE. See attached...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. enrollment

Give permission to enroll students under instructor lead; i am making it as an compulsory course for Ist year IT Essential Students

its a wonderful course

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot download packet tracer

Downloads and security scan says the file is corrupt

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry you have had trouble accessing the Packet Tracer download. I have referred this ticket to the support desk. They should be able to assist you and give you a download of PT.

4. Rename IPD recording of April 22, 2015

On the IPD archive, the PPTX of that day is SLAAC and DHCPv6, but
    the Webex recording is SLAAC and DHCPv5. What's DHCPv5? :-)
    Marco

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We created a Support Desk ticket on your behalf. Please update this ticket at your convenience with the information we requested.

NetAcad Support

5. The NetAcad Maintenance PPT file is corrupt

I was unable to open the NetAcad Maintenance Overview PPT file. Powerpoint tried to repair the file but failed. Please check the integrity of the file on NetSpace

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ITE 6 downloadable doesn't work, to night

It only downloads a corrupted file of 1 KB... :-(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Marco,

Thank you for your feedback. We were unable to duplicate this issue. Please try to download the ITE 6.0 curriculum again. If you continue having issues, please contact the Support Desk.

NetAcad Support

7. i got problem in course enrollment

1. Initially I created a course ID NETW203-12087 but found that the course center at Colton was wrongly set.[Old]
    2. Then, I created another course ID NETW203-12087 with course center at Pomona [correct one, New].
    3. Then, I deleted the student list and instructor at the Old but later it was disappeared from the Active Courses List?
    4. Now there is a conflict of Activation [at the Old and not to be done at the new]
    5. please advise how to offset this activation problem? Thanks, Nick Ng nicky.ng@ieee.org Cell: 626-320-7530
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We found that you had also opened a Support Desk ticket for this same issue, which is the correct process for error messages. It looks like they worked with you to correct this issue.

NetAcad Support

8. Poor or bad translations of the CCNA R&S: Scaling Networks - Spanish - 5.03 Exams

It seems that translators were using Google Translate when they were translating the Exams Questions and Answers for the "CCNA R&S: Scaling Networks - Spanish Curriculum". I can help in fixing this problem, for free, since Spanish is my native language. Please, tell me how can I do help?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. Cisco uses a team of native-speaking individuals to translate content for the curriculum and assessments. If you noticed some translation errors, please contact the Support Desk and include specific details of the translation errors. In addition, we will forward your information on to the Curriculum Team.

NetAcad Support

9. Print This Page

From the "Edit" menu for adding students page. The "Print This Page" function does not work correctly. When printing this page the results are unusable in the format provided. Is there any way to have this function improved.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. This is a known issue that we are currently working to resolve. We created a Support Desk ticket on your behalf. Please look for future information via your ticket.

NetAcad Support

10. User Profile - Include Minas Gerais in Brazil states list

In Netspace user profile all Brazilian states are listed, except "Minas Gerais". Please include this option because Minas Gerais is on of the most important state in Brazil.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please contact the Help Desk regarding this issue of Minas Gerais missing from the Cisco NetSpace Profile page.

-NetAcad Support

11. Scaling Networks PT activity 9.5.2.6

This lab was not created correctly. I haven't checked 5.03 version, but in version 5 the router-id was not added under the eigrp process, therefore the lab would "check" OK, but the testing did not work. The eigrp router-id needs to be added on all three routers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Gay, have you reported this issue to the Help Desk already? They will be able to report the issue to the Curriculum & Assessment Team.

-NetAcad Support

12. Error in Technnical Assitence

When I try enter in forums I was redirected to main login page.
    I have an error with antivirus. I send the message as attached.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Resources  ·  Admin →
  13. Lets ditch the fill in the blank questions on Netacad tests

I feel that the fill in the blank questions are not fair to students. an example, the answer to a chapter 1 ITN question is byod. I've had students get the question wrong because they put BYOD, B.Y.O.D. or any odd combination of the two. They obviously know they concept but are being punished for spelling and grammatical errors. Turn those into multiple choice questions? Or some other type, but lets do away with fill in the blank. They other option is that I give them the answer, which just makes the question worthless anyway.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →

Hi Buddie, thank you for the feedback. Please contact the Helpdesk to pass this on to the Curriculum and Assessment Teams. Thank you!

-NetAcad Support

14. Labs in Semester 3 Chapter 2 - HSRP and GLBP

More detail needs to be included in this lab and section. They don't allow the timers to be manipulated to show the delay changes in recovery. Also switch and router interfaces need to be swapped from auto configurations to manual duplex and speed settings. Auto sensing puts a huge kink in recovery. After having students research and assisting we have gotten the packet loss on link failures down to virtually zero packet loss! This is what the end user or customer would want to see not 2, 4, 8 packet loss like was being experienced in default lab configuration.

Also…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →

Jeremy, please contact the Helpdesk and they will be able to pass your feedback on to the Curriculum and Assessment Team.

-NetAcad Support

15. I dont create a Course

I get the error message in addition to making the course creation process. I can not create new courses.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →
  16. Show a results message when "Check Existing" feature is employed.

The features of Netscape have become a lot more convenient, so that's great work Admin team!

This idea applies particularly to uploading a .csv file when enrolling a whole group. I would like some message to say that the checking process has completed, as sometimes the upload list is quite long and one does not have a clear idea of how long the checking process takes. What do you think?

Cheers!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please contact the Help Desk to report this issue with the ‘Check Existing’ feature not working properly because once you upload the CSV file you should be able to click on the ‘Check Existing’ link to see any duplicates.

-NetAcad Support

17. Identify status of approval of course

In the qualifications downloaded file (.csv), the line that says "approval status assigned by the instructor" is displayed as 0 (zero) always, so there is no way to determine whether the student passes or fails the course. One value that identifies this status should be placed. Example: A for approved. I incomplete. 0: The instructor has not placed status. Thank You

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gradebook  ·  Admin →
  18. ASSESMENT

deactivation is not resetting the old activated dates. bulk activation never get updated in the assignment list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Bulk Deactivation is found under the ‘Activation Tool’ page not the ‘Assignments’ page. If you have any issues with the tool then please contact the Help Desk and they will be able to assist you further.

-NetAcad Support

19. Quiz Lock is not working if not select 'every one'

If we not select 'every one' under the 'For' option below the quiz settings we can not lock the quiz from the gear option on the top of the quiz settings.

Suppose I select a one class under 'For' section then I can not lock the quiz from the students because I use quiz for my mid exam and it is close book strictly administrated assessment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Not have a class opening permission

I have a staff rights in CTTC Academy but I am unable to create a courses and enrolled students in any class .
    Portal said you have no permission

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base