Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

201 results found

1. Research in the course

I propose to add a module for searching in the contents of the course. I think it will be beneficial for students. because now they have to scan multiple pages to find a title or keyword.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    Delivered  ·  Global Support responded

Hello Abderrazig,

We appreciate your feedback, this has been implemented for the CCNA R&S 5.03 versions and newer, as well as other courses have the ‘search’ icon to search the curriculum by

Thanks,
    NetAcad Support

2. Please fix the new helpdesk system

After the switch to the new system we've lost several important features, namely:
    -The tickets are gone. Emailing the ticket number is not the same, it's worse and more difficult to manage
    -The tracking is gone. We had a way to see all our tickets with a status for each ticket. Now I have to ping the helpdesk each time I want to check if the ticket was solved or not.
    -The file attachment during chat is not working properly. The helpdesk agent has to "allow it". Some agents don't even know about that feature (!), sometimes it just plainly…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Tradução das apresentações CCNA R&S 3 e CCNA R&S 4

Olá,

Acho de suma importância a tradução das apresentações do CCNA R&S 3 e CCNA R&S 4 para a língua portuguesa(Brasil).

Vocês possuem previsão de realizar essa tradução?

Att,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Resources  ·  Admin →
  4. Translate critical system emails

Ex.: welcome message with initial login/password, agreement acceptance instructions, ASC relations messages and other important communication from NetSpace critical for academy (user) existence. Attached example. Language needed: Russian, possibly others.
    Reason: many new academy instructors/Contacts do not know english, and do not understand what actions needs to be taken. This kind ok users will never go here and vote.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Description Field

Hello,

We believe that a Description field when creating a course is a good idea for organization and can facilitate the identification of the course.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  6. sms notification

let sms mode of notification be used anytime the assessments are activated for students. In that way, students will no longer give excuses of not knowing the module assessments are activated.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Delivered  ·  Global Support responded

Your students will have the ability to add a cell number for SMS notifications through the ‘Notification Preferences’ page. Here are the steps they can follow: Profile page > Change Classroom Notifications > Settings > Add Contact Method > Text (SMS) > Register SMS. -NetAcad Support

7. Locate a student by his/her data

It would be very useful to be able to locate students by any data associated with them like first name, last name, or even email, using the "Manage Users" feature under the "Manage" tab at NetSpace Home.

This feature is specially useful for Cisco Academies (like ours) that have a huge number of students.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Locator  ·  Admin →
  8. Bilingual materials

Is it possible to create a course with two languages? I mean that the students could see the on-line materials not only in English but also in Russian (or other language)?
    We have training in English. But some students are not fluent in English. It will be convenient to have access to on-line materials in Russian additionally.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Resources  ·  Admin →
    Delivered  ·  Barbara Termaat responded

As of the end of July, CCNA R&S non-English courses include a link to the English version as well.

9. Offline version of the 5.0 version of the CCNA (R & S)

Provide a version of the curriculum for offline installation in laboratories study.

This would help in case of link or loss of Internet connection fails. Unfortunately our ADSL connection in Brazil are not as stable as in other countries.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
    Delivered  ·  Michael Surikov responded

Cleverson,

I’m happy to announce that downloadable version of the CCNA R&S courses is available on the Instructor Home Page.

Thank you,
    Michael

10. Language button

Please bring back the "Language" button which was present in Exploration/Discovery to allow students to quickly switch the display language of the curriculum from French to English

150 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
    Delivered  ·  Kimberly Kupanoff responded

Hi Moises,
    The link is available in Canvas on the front page of the course.

Previous message:
    The English link is now available for the CCNA translated courses. Thank you for your patience.

Best,
    Kimberly

11. Create a grade report to print out grades with Cisco Logos.

I need a Grade report with Cisco logos on it to turn in to my school district, showing official Cisco Grades, instead of a generic spreadsheet.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Jim,

I am happy to announce that this functionality has been delivered

Thank you!

12. Direct access to errata files from within the curriculum

Would you include an hyper-link to the errata file(s)?
    Each time a teacher finds something strange in the curriculum, he has to find the last errata file and analyze it.
    Each time an error is reported, the guys of the HelpLine remind us how to check the errata lists.
    Please, help us not to spend our time to administrative tasks !

Direct access to these errata files will be helpful.
    Thanks
    Marc DELMOTTE, ITQ

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
    Delivered  ·  Barbara Termaat responded

Hello Marc,
    There should be a link to the errata files on the Instructor Home page of your course. From your course home page, click “All Pages” in the right nav and select “Instructor Home”. Scroll down to the subsection titled “Instructor Community and Support”. This link takes you to the latest support information including Errata.

Since the Errata are frequently updated and your course is locked in at your start date, this approach gives you the quickest access to the most up-to-date information.

Best regards,
    Barbara

13. CISCO Academy should Add the search button again on the Manage User

On the Manage User link; Searching for Academy user is very difficult, since we don't have search option just like in the Academy Connection before...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Leopoldo,

You can filter out students, increase the number of viewable users and use your browser’s “find” (Control+F) to find a user.

Thank you

14. Packet Tracer for Android

What about Packet Tracer for Android?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Retha,

I’m happy to announce that the the first release of Cisco Packet Tracer (PT) Mobile for Android is now available.
    Packet Tracer Mobile may be downloaded for free from the Google Play store. In the Apps section, search for “Cisco Packet Tracer” and follow the installation instructions.
    For more information about Packet Tracer Mobile, please review the following resources in the Packet Tracer 6.1 resources folder on Cisco NetSpace:
    Cisco Packet Tracer Mobile Release Notes
    Packet Tracer Mobile section of the Packet Tracer 6.1 FAQs

Thank you,
    Michael

15. Changing ASC

I needed to change ASC accounts. I went to search and typed in north dakota. No results. I then had to check with the ASC and it is spelled North Dakota. I typed in North Dakota with a capital N and D and then it found the full title. The search should not be case sensitive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brian,
    The new Academy Locator is now available in NetSpace.
    Thank you for your patience,
    Kimberly

16. Activity Map for ITE 5

I have seen an Activity Map for Intro to Routing & Switching, and could use one for the ITE5 class that I teach. We are engaged in a curriculum mapping initiative and it would be a great resource. I have looked on the site & can't find it; anyone know if it exists? TIA for your help.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  17. Include the assessment duration in the default activation profile

Someone already requested this and it was closed saying it was already available but I don't think it is. Please be detailed and clear in your response.

In setting up my default activation profile, I want to set the assessment duration to 2 hours but I cannot; it defaults to 1 hour. Therefore, I always have to use the advanced activation in order to set the duration to 2 hours.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →

Hi Mark and others,

I’m happy to report that the Exam Duration is now available in your Activation Profile.

Thank you all for your patience.

18. Please, make Academy Locator work

Dear Developers,
    Please, make Academy Locator work. It's interface (definition of parameters for selection) and format of results provided are so inconvenient and unfriendly that instructors don't use it. We lost important instrument for daily work as well as for Cisco academy program positioning.

Thank you for understanding

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Locator  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrei,

The new Academy locator in Netspace is available,Please look at it and provide any feedback.

Best,
    Michael

19. Certificates for the Roles (e.g. Instructor) in the Cisco Academy

It would be great to be able at any time for an user to request a certificate describing its different roles in the Academy (e.g. Instructor, NetAcad Contact) until that date, and respective periods of time during which they were accomplished.

162 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  20. Make search with the academy locator intuitive and friendly

Dear Sir
    please, improve search with the academy locator. No need to show distance to a nearest academy, please make it shows correctly academies in a country, city and options to order by academy name.

Thank you.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Locator  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrey and others,
    We have made changes to the Academy Locator and it is now available in NetSpace. Thank you for your patience.
    Best,
    Kimberly

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base