Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

287 results found

1. Show last login date for accounts in "Manage Users".

Duplicate student accounts is a major problem for larger academies, but these could be deleted easily if we could see in "Manage Users" the last login dates for each account. We could then easily identify dormant duplicate accounts and delete them.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  2. Identify curricular overlap between Intro to CyberSecurity, Cyber Security Essentials, and CCNA Security

I would like to know if there are curricular or concept overlaps between the two Cyber courses and the CCNA Security course. My thought is that it might be usefult to use one or the other, or both, of the CyberSecurity courses as self-paced lead-in training for CCNA Security.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove phone home from Packet Tracer

The phone home paradigm is annoying and very wasteful of precious classroom time. In a closed lab environment where no internet access is allowed, it is counterproductive at best. In the classroom, it wastes time and bandwidth.

Just provide a usable tool to netacad students and instructors and skip the data mining.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Packet tracer - add PT numbers to the Activity Instruction Pages

Add the Packet Tracer Number (ie. 1.3.1.3) to the Title of the Activity Instruction Page.

I often will place PT files in very nested folders C:\Users\Username\Course Number\Packet Tracer\Originals. When the topology window opens, I often can't see the number of the assignment, but if it's in the Activity Window instructions, then I know which one I'm working on and don't need to resize my topology window to see the number.

Example below

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve the ITC Locator and the ASC Locator

What happens when a trainee is lost when they can’t find instructor training? Can we add a link where a candidate instructor could submit a request for help or for instructor training? “Submit a request for instructor training” “Submit a request”… also add a help link on ASC Locator

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Locator  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to password proctect exams

I would like to password protect exams. There are times I need a proctor to give an exam and if the student doesn't show up at the proctor's office, I don't want them to be able to take the exam outside of class or outside the proctors office.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow instructor to create or modify Packet Tracer exams to reduce CHEATING

I have been working for Netacad for 7 years. I have notice a huge increase in cheating basically due to copyrights infringement of coping publishing final exams info online (i.e. CCNA5.net).

I think it would be beneficial if instructors can modify these exams to at least to reduce cheating. It is not the final solution, but it is a step.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  8. Instructors may report curriculum errors

Maybe with a small tool we can report quickly errors in translations and misconceptions. It is very hard to do via email.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  9. integrating the students photos at the time of enrollment.

My idea is to integrate the student’s photos at the time of enrollment; this will makes lot easier to identify every student uniquely and if possible the same photo can be printed on course completion certificates.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  10. A confirmation box for a certification exam discount voucher.

During the discount voucher request process, if there is not one already, before a voucher request is submitted for the final time, there should be a confirmation popup box for the requesting student to confirm for the final time before submission. This is to make certain that the student is purposefully requesting the correct voucher (either ICND1 or ICND2 or Composite Exam). Once submitted, as I understand, the process is not changeable. This popup box is very much like what one would encounter when permanently deleting a file or a folder in Windows environment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  11. differentiate between hard concluded and soft concluded courses

I accidentally discovered that if a class is concluded by an instructor then all the enrollment details grades and everything are deleted. "hard" concluded

This is a pointless system. Why would anybody want to do that and if they did, would they not just delete the class?

I want to see a link to archive a course that gives full access to review grades and download certificates etc, rather than this "hard" conclude link.

I know this is possible, as "soft" concluded courses where the expiry date for the courses has passed are still full accessible by the instructor.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the Sections feature to Canvas

Sections allow the instructor to create one course but divide students into Sections/Periods/Groups. This will allow you to activate exams, add assignments, make announcements etc. only once but apply them to all everyone. In the gradebook for example, you can view all students or just by sections. Here is information from Canvas about Sections.

https://guides.instructure.com/m/4214/l/55346-how-are-courses-and-sections-related

https://guides.instructure.com/m/4152/l/57096-how-do-i-add-a-section-to-a-course

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gradebook  ·  Admin →
  13. download student

If the only way to bulk add students is to upload a CSV, could we at least get a way to download all of the students in CSV format?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  14. Academy Locator

The search feature in academy locator is not very straightforward.
    1- The default search field is by location
    2- the search by name/id is somehow hidden as per the attached snapshot. while it should be close to the search box
    3- the "Only show results in my country" check box seems to have no effect.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Locator  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback.
    Academy locator is intended for prospective students who want to find an academy near them. It is designed to allow a user to enter their location and find the closest academies.

Search by name/id is a feature intended for special cases only, like for a support person and for academy owner that wants to see their own entries. That is why we have made it somewhat hidden.

Try searching for “tyre, Lebanon” with and without the checkbox and you will see the effect.

15. Please make the Networking Essentials course available as a downloadable

I plan to enrol students in the new Networking Essentials course in Semester 1, 2017. I have downloaded all the teacher resourses but I noted that the 'course downloadable' was not available.

I would like to host the content on our lab server running Apache (as I've done with other courses I teach). Our Internet access from campus is occasionally slow and problematic.

Can you please make the course available as a download as you have done with other courses ???

Thank you
    Grahame Beard

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Resources  ·  Admin →
  16. Posting assignments

I have 6 sections of the same course and it's very time consuming to post the same assignments and assessments to 6 different courses. I wish I could create an assignment or assessment and then check which of my courses to post it to. This is also an issue for announcements. I also have to upload the same file to 6 different sections, so it would save storage space to have one folder that all 6 sections can access. I also wish that we could set default settings for assignments because I ALWAYS need them to attach a file to…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →
  17. assign group to student

once all student are on my class, have the ability to group students y several groups selecting several student at once.

Actually need to select student per student and add to a group.

this referal principally to Virtual Academies.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  18. Enrolled Students set at 30 Items per page (instead of 20)

In the Enrolled Students ("Edit course details" page) can you raise the default from 20 to 30 "Items per Page". Many of our classes have more than 20 students, but none have more than 30.

The "Items per page" can be changed, but since it doesn't hold the setting after you leave the page, you have to reset it again and again or go from Page 1 to 2.

30 just seems like a better default.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  19. Course duration (in hours) per each course on certificates

We need to see course duration on each cisco academy certificate

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get Certs/Letters

New Instructors are usually confused with "get certs/ get letters"
    Perhaps a note should be added to the following message:
    "Your request for certificates is submitted. You will receive an email once the certificates have been processed)
    I also think it would be a good idea to place a link for the certificate inside the gradebook.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base