Skip to content

NetAcad v3.0 Instructor FeedbackForum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

514 results found

1. Show number of questions for Secure Finals

With the implementation of Secure Finals, instructors are note able to view the number of questions on the final exam. I suggest that we update the viewer for secure finals to show total number of questions. This is helpful when planning how much time is required for the exam, especially for students with disabilities and those using screen readers.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Figure out some way to include module numbers covered by assessments in CCNA courses when activating assessments

Since version 7.0 of the CCNA courses came out the module numbers do not show on the assessment server pages (create and manage activations). The assessments do not appear in any order that makes sense either. This means that when activating or managing an assessment I need to go back to the main page of the course and find the name of the assessment under the list of modules and then go to the assessment page and find that assessment.

This is a UX disaster! Really, when working with multiple assessments it wastes a considerable amount of time flipping back…

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. NetAcad Mobile App

As you all know mobile apps are more important than Web based learning. We should develop mobile app for students and all NetAcad users. Students can easily learn his/her courses on Mobile app as compare to website.

Looking forward! Thanks

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. An option to sort the courses by instructor

An option to sort the courses by instructor would make it easy for the Academy manager to manage the courses.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Moodle - Block: GradeMe

It puts a list of all ungraded assignments - similar to current Canvas home paged

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Login duration too short + double first login (always)

The duration of Login in a Course is too short (2h?). When I have a day-long lesson (8-9 hours) I have to re-login at least 3-4 times to gain access to my folders. This is annoying.
    Morover, the Login phase at the first attempt alway fails (already higlighted many times) and a second Login-login has to be attempted to enter the account.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  3 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A More Pronounced Visual Cue on Items to be Graded Highly Desirable (Yellow vs. Green)

Since humans are extremely visual, it would be nice, if for example, items to be graded showed up with a yellow highlight so that one can quickly and easily identify them. If you look at the attachment, you need to carefully scan the entries to find the one that needs grading. A Yellow band (instead of green) would allow us to save time. I have at least 3500 grading events per semester, and saving three or more seconds per item adds up significantly.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Better Course PowerPoints

The PowerPoints for the courses I've taught so far (or will teach in the Fall) are truly awful! I have spent hours upon hours editing them so that they are usable in a classroom setting. There are way too many words on each slide. The typestyle is too small to be seen in a normal classroom setting. If I want to print in "outline" form so my students can take notes that way, many of the text boxes don't appear and I have to delete and recreate them so they show up. I'm attaching what I've done to edit the…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. The PowerPoints are provided as a resource for instructors to use however best fits their teaching style. We provide a baseline of content and if instructors like them how they are they can use them as is. If they do not work as is, we encourage instructors to edit the content and make them their own. The slides are often created by long term NetAcad instructors so that we can tap into their many years of teaching experience to create this resource. We realize that whatever is created will not work for all 28,000 instructors globally.

10. Time-out

I'm trying to work through the new CCNAv7 curricula to prep for classes. When I have a module open for just a few minutes without doing anything, it times out. Then I have to go back out and reconnect. I've done this 20 times today trying to put some prep together. Could we lengthen the timeout period or let us adjust it ourselves? Thanks.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Integration of wire shark to newer version of packet tracer

It would be very good for instructors and students to simulate networks configured in packet tracer on wire shark

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Integration with "Safe Exam Browser"

Moodle 3.9 supports using the open-source software "Safe Exam Browser" as an option to use a "Lock Down" style browser for taking exams. This is similar to the "Lock Down Browser" that can be integrated with Blackboard and other LMS', except that it's free. This would allow for more secure assessment delivery, as the browser takes over the screen. https://www.safeexambrowser.org

https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Safe_Exam_Browser

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I thik we need to go back to canvas

We need to go back to canvas to give the teachers and students a better learning experience. The classy experience we had raised the academy above no far above the the others. It is sad because now it looks like Cisco is not the leader they are just like any other online learning system. The look of it does not do the great curriculum inside and it is hard to tell Cisco from Palo Alto or HP or Juniper. More importantly my students are lost, they are confused by the layout and lack of direction. Please reconsider the move to…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting your feedback through the Share Idea button.

Instructure is an excellent partner to the Networking Academy and Canvas is a great product. One of its strengths is the smooth and polished user experience. This is a testament to the terrific work of their product team that has been optimizing the experience for a decade.

Nevertheless, the strategic benefits of bringing the course management experience in house outweighed the many fine aspects of Canvas. There are two key reasons that drove this choice:

1. It enables the Networking Academy to expand its global reach. To expand our global reach, the NetAcad platform is transitioning to a federated architecture with multiple instances located across the world. Canvas is unfortunately not available in every region. We could not stay in Canvas while continuing to expand our global reach.

2. It allows the Networking Academy to be more responsive to…
  14. Allowing over 100% results for students

You should enable over 100% scores in gradebook since adding extra assignments means manual calculation. This feature is available in Moodle but currently disabled.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. All vocabulary words should be in quizlets.

I am at the end of Unit 1 in IT Essentials. Only a very small subset of the vocabulary words were reviewed. Not good. I want all of them.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Highlighting

Allow the students to highlight items on the pages so that the student can use this for better studying.

thanks

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. be able to assign due dates to labs and PT within the curriculum

I would like to be able to assign due dates to the packet tracers and labs that are in the curriculum as assignments. Right now I have to upload the labs and PT into the file storage and create my own assignment. As they are already in the curriculum in the chapter they are associated with. Why not have those as assignments.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Assignments Page

At a quick glance I can see how many submissions for each assignment that I have to grade on the Assignments page.

However, after grading a few assignments there could be additional submissions. If there are 10 students and I graded 7 assignments one time, when I go back to the assignments page again it does not give me a quick overview of how many submission need grading versus how many have been submitted.

As an instructor I have to go into each assignment to see if there are any new submissions that need to be graded.

If there were…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. HTML5 versions of the Cisco Virtual Desktop/Laptop Simulators

With the remote learning that is going on for the forseeable future, our IT Essentials students would benefit greatly from these updated products.There are not many options for students that don't have the resources to purchase real components to build a computer with.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow customized due dates for each activity by student in new experience courses

I would like to have the ability to add customized due dates for each student in a course for each activity or assignment. This was possible in the legacy experience.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?