Skip to content

NetAcad v3.0 Instructor FeedbackForum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

82 results found

1. New Experience needs a way to restrict modules

I used to set the conditions on a module so the students couldn't start a module until the previous module was completed. This does not seem possible in the new experience. I know Moodle has Completion Tracking where we can set conditional releases on activities, but I cannot even use that as we cannot set this ourselves AND there is no way to set conditional releases on the Exams. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In Intro to IoT the ability to schedule and quizzes and Final exam and the options.

Bring back the ability in Intro to Iot to schedule and choose options for taking quizzes and the final exam.

At this point I am forced to hide it until the time for the student to take it. I also have no control of how many times the student can take the exam.

To hide the exam, This can be done with the steps below:
    Launch the Introduction to IoT course
    Click the gear icon at the top right of the page and click "Turn editing on"
    Scroll down to "End of Course Assessment"
    Click "Edit" on the right of…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. To have a way to identify the new tokens

Say that I have just created a course, and generated 10 tokens, and assigned them to the students. The next day, I received 2 new students, so I created 2 new tokens, at this moment would be useful to have a way to identify those 2 new tokens. What is happening is that the system creates the new tokens and add them to the current list of 10, in no apparently order, so the only way to see what were those 2 new tokens is verifying one by one against the previous list of 10.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include the FULLNAME of the class then export gradebook with the "New Online Course Experience"

When we export the grade book from a "New Online Course Experience" the formatting name of the .CSV does not contain the FULL NAME of the class (only the number ID of the class). That is very unconfortable then we manage a lot of class like I.
    In the legacy class is was possible and automatic.
    Would it be possible to permit this (i know - i think that is "canvas rigth)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. SSO Directions Suggestion

When students are added to a course they receive an email with a link directing them to www.netacad.com/portal. The problem, unless I screwed up and missed something, is if a student has not already created a CISCO account login they end up on a dead end when they try to log in to Netacad. Please consider adding additional information to that welcome email that first directs them to make a CISCO account if they do not already have one, and then direct them to NetAcad to sign in and enter their course.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Messages/Inbox

Can we have notifications of messsages to personal email address with the new Messages/Inbox similar to the CANVAS system on legacy courses.

This is a vital way for my students to contact me, I have missed several messages this weekend and now have students who have been unable to complete exams.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have implemented an emailing feature in the New Experience. We recently updated the message center to allow individuals to easily see items they have sent and various ways to sort incoming messages. We have now added an email feature so when you send a message to someone they will receive an email notification.

Please note: Individuals will not be able to respond to the email notification; however, a link is provided in the email to take the individual directly to the message center.

7. New Experience Move Exams to new Topic

I am very unhappy with the new experience.
    1) We MUST be allowed to move the pre-set items like exams to a different topic. I do NOT use the default layout for my classes. For my college classes, I use topics called Week 1, Week 2.... and place everything for that week into its own topic. We are unable to move things like the exams, skills exam, final exam, course feedback, etc...
    2) When will you make it possible for teachers to copy content (ANY content) from one course to another? I teach in a college where we cover 1/2…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestions. At this time we have implemented most of your suggestions.

1) Most resources can now be moved from one topic to another and instructors can create topics. We are still looking into the ability to move exams, please vote for the “Allow customized due dates for each activity by student in new experience courses” idea.

2) Courses can now be copied from one new experience course to another.

8. Inbox and announcement should also sent email to students

The new netacad inbox did not sent email to each student like the before (canvas) so the students did not get notification.
    The inbox icon on the left sidebar also stays the same even we have unread message, no notification at all.
    We sent message because we want student to get notified, but the new platform do not have the right method to do that. even the announcement feature did not announce on the front page, it's hidden inside forum button. Please fix it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Be truthfull, stop telling frustrating lies.

If you deactivate everything for everyone, you cannot reactivate it again. I can understand that it takes some time, and that it is not done in real time, but then don't say that assessments are deactivated when in reality they are NOT. Put a timer, send a mail, but let instructors know WHEN they can reactivate an assessment after deactivating.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for posting to Share Idea. We have implemented a new feature to allow assessments to be activated for someone in more than one course. If you activate an assessment for a student and than deactivate it, the exam will be deactivated in that particular course. If the student is enrolled in two courses teaching the same curriculum, conflicting activations will no longer be an issue.

10. Add QTI file import option to New Experience

We created a fairly large quiz bank to replace the exams in CCNA to preclude cheating. The new experience CCNA v6 does not have the option to import QTI files. The legacy does. Can we get that added to the new experience.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. Individuals can now export their question banks from the Legacy Course Experience and import into the New Course Experience. After creating your course in New Experience, click on the Gear Icon and select “More”. You will be taken to a new page. Towards the bottom of the page you will see a “Question Banks” area and an “Import” link.

11. Hiding course modules from student in the new platform

On the new CCNAv7 courses platform, is it possible to permit instructors to hide the course modules (NOT assignments) from students and release them one at a time.

I am teaching CCNA v7 on the new platform and need this feature in my delivery please.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. customizing status bar

Hi,

is it possible to customize status bar on netacad main window addition to "in progress,copleted status etc." for example, want to make a custom folder for "IPD Weeks" quick access for recording and slides. instead of looking for "in progress" status section.

Thanks for your work

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a test exam in each CCNA course for environment checking

Create a test exam in each course that uses Assessment Server delivered exams that can be assigned to students just like a regular exam to ensure they can successfully open and take exams before the first "real" exam for the course is delivered.

We used to use the "pre-test" exams in the old CCNA courses for this purpose but they no longer exist. We regularly get complaints from students during our first testing window in a course that they have errors/issues opening and taking an exam. We would like to have a simple exam (just one example of each question…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Modificación del contenido - Ability to Modify Content

La nueva experiencia debería permitir modificar el el contenido, crear nuevos módulos en algunos cursos como en la plataforma anterior.

English Translation: The new experience should allow modifying the content, creating new modules in some courses as in the previous platform.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Log in menu could work better

As I hoover the 'Log In' option, the menu opens. ok, but when I move the pointer to the 'Lonin' option, the menu closes!
    So, I have to clic on 'Log In' to be able to clic on the 'Login' option.
    Worse: I have sometime to choose and clic twice on the 'Login' option to have it working... Firefox 75.0
    So, please, would make the main 'Log In' menu to stay opened when the pointer is moved to the sub option 'Log In'. Like with the language option menu.
    Thanks

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Resize Columns on I'm Teaching

It would be very helpful to be able to resize the Course ID and Course Name columns on the I'm Teaching page. Many times the course name is truncated. It looks like maybe only 18 characters are shown by default. Many time we have long names, for example "ETW: Network Programmability - section#" and we could have multiple sections. It is hard to determine which one without hovering over all of them to find the correct one.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reactivate "calculate score using 0 for ungraded assignments"

I just discovered that the "new" gradebook no longer allows the instructor to toggle the display of the students' total scores between "running averages" (based only on assignments with scores entered) and "raw scores" (using 0s for assignments without scores entered). This is unsatisfactory for me, since I base student Progress Reports and final course grades on the raw score, not the current running average which is not a meaningful number for me to use.

Can we PLEASE restore the option to change how the total score is displayed in the gradebook to enable instructors to assess student progress in…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix Course Search to correctly treat standalone spaces

Currently if you type something in I´m Teaching => Search by course name or ID Field, and then leave some space characters in this field, the system will show you an empty list of courses.
    This is very confusing. If you see your list of courses empty and you see nothing in the search (because it´s just a space character) you are lost. One of such issues was resolved in Support Desk Case 00103006.

Proposal is to have fix that will not treat some standalone space characters as search criterion.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mark new courses as favourites

Can new courses created automatically be marked as favourite, this would then ensure that new classes created will be found at the top of the list and Instructors would not have to search through a number of courses to find new classes.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New CyberOps notes

When are we getting the new notes for the new CyberOps certification on our Cisco Curriculum

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?