Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

287 results found

1. reputation points to be given as per share idea

reputation points to be given for instructor for taking interest and effort for sharing idea and giving ideas for academy site

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your input. We are planning an evaluation of our community ‘activity points’ for instructor recognition. This effort will hopefully stream line the activity that is most helpful and meaningful to our active instructors. We will consider you input as part of our evaluation. Please stay tuned as the points system for Community NetAcad.com engagement evolves!

2. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  3. Convert CyberOps VMs to VMware Compatible

I have a problem with the CyberOps course regarding the VMs. Currently the VMs are based on VirtuablBox. The problem with this on a campus netowrk is that there is no way to prevent the student from changing the network adapter from host only (private network) to Bridged. Bridged allows the VM to act a host on the LAN. Allowing students to fire up Kali linux on a campus LAN is a major NO-NO.

I do have access to vSphere (VMware virtualization) where we can alter permissions on the VMs so the students cannot change the network adapters. This would…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  4. CCNA Instructor Fast Track Certificate

Dear Sir,
    I have taken the fast track ccna instructor exam and passed with flying colors. I would appreciate if i can get the certificate of that course taken on February 2014. I humbly request you to provide me the CCNA instructor certificate .

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Inactive student

If we enroll student in class and after 2 module completion student freeze or drop the course and he will be show inactive in other 3rd and 4th module in the class. This impact on the academy performance. Solution of this problem is needed. In old view this is not happened.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  6. Demonstration licences for software products

Would it be possible for Cisco to offer demonstration licences for software packages like prime. So a local install could be used as an alternative to cloud based options like dcloud/dev net. to allow students to see and experience the types of software used in industry.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Resources  ·  Admin →
  7. final grades, IT Essentials

Can you make it so that students can retake the final (with instructor's permission) and have the latest grade count? Now the students cannot qualify for a letter, only a certificate, if they get less than 80 on the final ON THE FIRST ATTEMPT. Subsequent attempts do not count.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gradebook  ·  Admin →
  8. Make assessment questions more closely reflect the chapter content.

Each Cisco exam seemingly has at least one question where the answer does not match what the chapter content states.

Examples: In CCNA2 R&S Chapter 3 Exam there's a question regarding using the RIP network. The chapter states the command enables RIP advertisements on interfaces that belong to the specified network. On the exam the answer is "it identifies the interfaces that belong to a specified network." Identifying a network is much different than enabling RIP to advertise across an interface.

In Chapter 4 Exam there is a question regarding the identification of the destination address of a broadcast frame.…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  9. Mobile Messaging Notification System

The messaging system is useful, however outside of the school house students almost never use it. I believe this may be due to a lack of a notification system. For Chrome, I know it's possible to implement 'Push Notifications'. In that instance, if they've logged into Netacad from their browser, be it on a phone or laptop, they can receive notifications that they have received a message. Another alternative could be a very lightweight android or IOS app for just logging into the messaging system, and ensuring they get notifications for incoming messages. If the app route is an option,…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  10. Resources for other CCNx tracks

Is it possible to add support for other CCNA/CCNP tracks beyond
    R&S, such as Collaboration or Wireless

not as full courses but as basic resources
    like the former voice primer E.G. as equipment/software bundles and some basic starter materials.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep students from being able to go back and forth on final exams questions

When we have students taking exams and sitting close together. As they can go back and forth between questions, they can share the answers. The suggestion would be to not allow this back and forth or to grey out the screen of the questions when they are answered.
    It says also in the advanced activation that they are randomized but sitting behind students, I noticed they have same questions for same question numbers.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Instructor trainer to customized SBA packet tracer exam and activity

Allow only Instructor trainer for modification of any SBA packet tracer exam for their Instructor classes

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. change courses I am teaching to default in progress

Change default on courses I am teaching back to in progress instead of all courses. Either I have to change that each time or search for my current classes.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make firstname surname editable by instructor

So if we make a mistake we can fix it without having to delete the student and add them again. Saving the student from having to do the registration process again.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  15. Snap version of Packet Tracer

Packet Tracer is depended on older libpng12. Ubuntu and more-up-to-date systems use libpng16. The problem is that usrmerge becomes a conflict for libpng12, so we can't run PT. A solution for this could be a Snap version so that PT can still continue to use older libraries.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Lanzar los cursos de CCNA VOIP, CCNA WIRELESS, CCDA y CCNA DATA CENTER como parte de la curricula de Cisco Networking Academy

Estimados,
    Me gustaría y no creo que solo a mi, sino también a muchos de nuestros instructores, que dentro de la plataforma de Netacad se puedan aperturar y obviamente lanzar los cursos que ya desde hace mucho tiempo se requieren.
    Hablo de los cursos que coloco en lista.
    CCNA WIRELESS
    CCNA VOIP
    CCNA DATA CENTER
    CCDA
    Considero que al lanzar estos cursos ya estaríamos dando mayores opciones a los estudiantes de elegir cursos de buen nivel con miras a especializarse no solo en R&S o seguridad, sino también en temas inalambricos, de VOZ sobre IP, diseño de redes e incluso…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  17. To have Netacad ID in Certificate

All students should get a certificate with Netacad ID so that it can be verified

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better search options

It would be great if we could do a search for a subject from one central area and it would takes us to the location within the curriculum. Current searches take us to posted blogs or we have to create a course in order to search for the subject in question. With the recent change from CCNA 5.03 to 6.0 it would be a great time saver.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow instructor to change the date settings of Students profile

Allow instructor to change or set a unique date format for all the class, So this way could avoid differente date formats for the students when they or the instructor download the certificates and letters.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow students to upload more than one google doc file at a time when submitting assignments

At this time my students cannot upload more than one file from google docs. My University uses google docs and gmail for everything. For example for my packet tracer lab submissions, I require my students upload the completed packet tracer file and the completed word document. They cannot do this using google docs. They can only upload one file per assignment.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base