Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

287 results found

1. Tasks?

With the Canvas upgrade, the instructor tasks section is gone, can we please bring it back.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. certificate

Please print the name only in Capital Letter when applied for certificate

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. TA / Instructor in training role

It would be useful to be able to assign a staff member as a Teaching Assistant or Instructor-in-training with limited privileges provided.

Useful privileges would include:
    - ability to look at the curriculum without being enrolled as a student
    - ability to activate or reset/unlock assessments for students

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  4. Results per page values

Hi. Your results per page options are 5,10,20,30 and 50. Our classes are always about 55 to 60. i have two snags i run into. i have to always sort by name first, and then change the option to 50 per page, and then manually edit the amount on top to 60 in the address bar. this is very tedious on a slow connection. if you could have a default view that saves and increase the maximum (and also save that) and also alphabet sorting that saves, it would really save time.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. replace NAT

Replace ccna 4 NAT with SDN or MPLS

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  6. Due dates by Modules/Chapters

I want to be able to set assignment due dates by Modules/Chapters. It is very cumbersome to set due dates on every assignment, quiz and exam.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve graded PT activity creation

When creating a graded PT activity, currently you need the initial and answer network, and are forced to check the items you want graded (which when grading on a lot of items can be very tedious to set up).

I'd like to see an improvement where PT automatically detects the changes from the initial network to the answer network and checks all those values for you automatically.

This would cut down all the time searching the tree and the boxes to check (not to mention if you forget to check something along the way).

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create an "auto sort" feature for listing assignments.

Allow auto sorting based on assignment due date or assignment name. Currently the only way to sort is to drag and drop. For a large number of assignments, this is cumbersome. Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why isn't there a test bank for the assessments, instead of the exact same questions every time ?

Students are finding these assessments online and memorizing the answers to the questions. The assessments are virtually worthless because of this. I have students that can't tell me the difference between memory and storage but are getting 100% on the Chapter exams.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  10. Add searching option to 'Add Item' in the module content

If we have more files and other resources in the class, it is really hard to find them. Therefore, I believe it is good to have a searching option to add module content to the section.

Please refer the attachment for clear idea.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  11. Add GLBP support to Packet Tracer please

Hi,
    Add GLBP support to Packet Tracer please!
    Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. students enrolment

I need an interface to edit the wrong mail id used for registering; In case of students not receiving the notification about logining ID, Instructor should have option to edit the mail id to change / correct and resent the invitation.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Speed  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to password proctect exams

I would like to password protect exams. There are times I need a proctor to give an exam and if the student doesn't show up at the proctor's office, I don't want them to be able to take the exam outside of class or outside the proctors office.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  14. Include the word 'Download' in Get Certificate window

Some times it is confusing when I am trying to download the certificates. Literally, I go and click that get certificate button again because it is the most highlighted thing.

Therefore, I suggest to include Download word next to Top-Down arrow or in the start of the download link text.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve more activity in cisco aspire game

The aspire game is older, update with current syllabus what cisco now having

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Resources  ·  Admin →
  16. Added a CCNA CYBER OPS section in the community

In the community it's not possible to put idea or lab example of CCNA cyber ops , if it's possible to create a new section in the comunity forum to exchange informations about ccna cyber ops.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Resources  ·  Admin →
  17. Incomplete Feedback should be automatically cleared or concluded once the activation expires.

Since, feedback is a prerequisite for the final exam, students are unable to sit for the exam if their feedback is incomplete and the activation has already expired. It is extremely upsetting when this issue pops up right before the exam is about to start. Chat support is also not available 24*7.
    My suggestion, incomplete feedback should be automatically cleared or concluded based on the provided responses once the activation expires or "View All Attempts" option must also be provided for the teachers to manually clear the incomplete attempt.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  18. Posting assignments

I have 6 sections of the same course and it's very time consuming to post the same assignments and assessments to 6 different courses. I wish I could create an assignment or assessment and then check which of my courses to post it to. This is also an issue for announcements. I also have to upload the same file to 6 different sections, so it would save storage space to have one folder that all 6 sections can access. I also wish that we could set default settings for assignments because I ALWAYS need them to attach a file to…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Course duration (in hours) per each course on certificates

We need to see course duration on each cisco academy certificate

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. reputation points to be given as per share idea

reputation points to be given for instructor for taking interest and effort for sharing idea and giving ideas for academy site

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your input. We are planning an evaluation of our community ‘activity points’ for instructor recognition. This effort will hopefully stream line the activity that is most helpful and meaningful to our active instructors. We will consider you input as part of our evaluation. Please stay tuned as the points system for Community NetAcad.com engagement evolves!

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base