Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

283 results found

1. Accessing the Support Desk

Please make accessing support easier. The Help Link to the Global Access almost never works from the links on the front page.

For example, what is the help email address and what is the live chat link?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Resources  ·  Admin →

Johnny, if your ‘Help’ link is not working, please contact the Support Desk to have them resolve the issue on your account. – NetAcad Support

2. I lost my academy !!.

I'm an instructor of Yeungjin college in South Korea.
    but now I'm an instructor of Chial Tung Univ. in China..
    what happen !!
    where do I ask for this ?
    How can i check my netspace system...
    Please help me !!!

sorry!!
    this is not suggestion but asking... TT

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. WE HAVE A PROBLEM

WHEN STUDENT WANT TO CREATE PROFILE, THE DATE OF ANNIVERSARY IS FIXED AT ../../2000,
    WHAT WE DO FOR RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Mohamed, if your student needs to have their date of birth changed, please contact the Support Desk with the account information and correct date of birth. -NetAcad Support

4. RSE Module 8 - Skills Integration Challenge - Better instructions

Skills Integration Challenge - 8.4.1.2 Packet Tracer
    It is better to have an exact instructions about PCs's IP configuration because students must guessing the answer (for IPv4 - are the last usable addresses; for IPv6 - second ones).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Zornitsa, curriculum related errors can be reviewed in the Errata sheet, by clicking on ‘Help’ to see if they have already been reported. If they haven’t you can send the error to the Support Desk and they will be able to report this for you. -NetAcad Support

5. RSE - Module 9 PT mistake

There is a mistake in RSE - Chapter 9: Access Control Lists 9.3.2.11 Packet Tracer.
    1. The default gateways of the all switches SWA, SWB and SW3 are wrong. The mistake is only at the first octet - should be 10 instead of 64.
    2. Also in the instructions (Addressing Table) is missing information about SWA and SWB, only for SWC.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Zornitsa, curriculum related errors can be reviewed in the Errata sheet, by clicking on ‘Help’ to see if they have already been reported. If they haven’t you can send the error to the Support Desk and they will be able to report this for you. -NetAcad Support

6. Activation Tool needs work

I created an Activation profile with the time allowed for Assignments set to 3 hours. When I used the Activation tool to fire up all the chapter Assignments they still have only 1 hour allowed to complete the Assignment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →

If you are still experiencing this issue, then please contact your ASC, if you need further assistance you can contact the Support Desk. -NetAcad Support

7. Asked to Login a second time in curriculum

When you login to the online R&S curriculum (Scaling Networks, for example), click Launch Content, then Launch a chapter to open the online text. Once the second window opens, the graphics and any activities on the right aren't shown until after you click "Login" again. Since you have already logged in, you shouldn't be prompted to login a second time.

I reported this issue and development's response is below:

"As a member of the Development Team I would like to inform you that we have been testing the discrepancy you reported since it was received by our support. We have…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →

Mary, if your students are still having this issue please contact your ASC. If further assistance is needed, then contact the Support Desk again if clearing the cache and history does not help. – NetAcad Support

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Instructor to view score report and take assessment

I have used Assessment Viewer feature to prepare the PT Skill Exam for my class but I cannot view the score report when I completed the assessment. At the Preview Activity Window, it listed the following message:
    Note: In order to view the score report, you should activate the assessment and then take it using your student account.
    I try to use the Student View, but it cannot see the activated PT Skill Exam for any access. It seems that is a dead end.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please Correct City Names of Indonesia

Please Corrects Indonesia's City Name Table which is confusing and many many non-existing city names (I wonder where those city names comes from), our students always complaint when they do the registration process, so they just pick up any city name. City name choices are commonly around 25 cities within a Province, but the system shows many hundreds and students are frustrated when they should choose the cities in the registration process. I have contacted to Cisco Supporting Office by email Last Year (one years already) and nothing's changed. I now attach again the Official City Name and Province in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Stefanus,

Please report this issue to the support desk. After the ticket is opened you’ll be able to attach your file.

Thank you,
    Michael

11. how to grade Pass or incomplete, I cant find out where the selection

In the grade book, i like to add and see the selection to be able to grade the students with P or I , can any one help how to assign it, the students finished all the the exams including the final, so how i will be able to set the grade to P or I

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gradebook  ·  Admin →
  12. Setup multiple classes without refresh

I use to setup more than one class at the same time.
    So I open each class in one browser tab.
    Frequently (in exams setup - always) I have to refresh (F5) the browser before doing configuration.
    So the multiple class setup takes so much time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Speed  ·  Admin →
  13. JAVA.... Packet tracer, YouTube... Browsers... compatibility issues

I really hate the fact my students cannot take test because I have to spend 10 +/- minutes playing with each browser... and JAVA... which may or may not work ... and then they run out of time and have to leave... Please!!! Ohhhhh I have 22 students who are trying to complete their work and assessments and I have to tweek everyone of their PC's daily... come on! then... the Cisco Youtubes... another Challenge with Browsers... I would LOVE to TEACH instead of just facilitae, isn't Cisco a challenge enough for the students?
    Please Help.
    Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. About , The students

we want to make the period of courses shortly
    with small students numbers in every course
    This make the instructor usually active with every training class

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →

Hi Naglaa,
    Please contact the Help desk by clicking on the Help link at the top right corner of the NetSpace home page or US Phone Support: 888 327 1116,
    Global Phone Support: 801 238 0899 (Please enter the appropriate country code; this is not a toll free call.)
    Thank you,
    Kimberly

16. New course offline file

In new offline curriculum of R/S, it seems more issue while opening index file. We are getting more complains from students while opening this file. When they open this file, the picture and animation video are not displayed. We gave solution for students by adding IE tab in chrome and disabling the flash in mozilla. It did work for ITN course. Except this, while opening other course' index file same problem still persists. So need your guidelines on this.

Thank You.

Regards..
    Surendra Maharjan

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →

Hi Surendra,
    Will you please contact the Help desk and report the problems you are having? Please click on the Help link in the upper right corner of the NetSpace home page or your course home page.
    Thank you!
    Kimberly

17. Get a help function that actually works!

When you click the Help link at the top of the screen it takes you nowhere.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michael, this happens from time to time when a user changes their email address. You should send an email to academysupport@netacad.net and provide them your NetSpace Login name. This will generate a support request and your account will be corrected by the Global Support Desk.
    Thank you,
    Kimberly

18. Final exam not loading up packet tracer activity window

One of my students reported an issue with final exam. He was provided with a question to be answered with packet tracer. However no activity window or anything showed up when he click on launch packet tracer activity. The PC he used did contain JRE and packet tracer 6.0.1

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Etuate,
    Please contact the Help desk by clicking on the Help link in the top right corner of the NetSpace home page or your course home page.
    Thank you!
    Kimberly

19. Can not add Student a Course

Discovery-1 completed the training a student can not add me to the next course. Student information please contact the help desk got the message. The following are details of courses and students;

Course: Discovery2 2014-1
    Student: Sevim Nur OZLUK, sevimnurozluk, nur.ozluk @ hotmail.co I

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →

Hi Ahmet,
    I apologize but I cannot assist you here. Please contact the Help desk, by clicking on the Help link in the top right corner of your screen. They will be able to assist you.
    Thank you,
    Kimberly

20. Est ce un bug ?

J'ai le message suivant :
    Omni Portlet est temporairement indisponible.
    sur la gestion du cours : 12345 Tsrit12-E1-Routing
    et nullement ailleur.
    Pouvez vous m'aider ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gradebook  ·  Admin →

Hello Marc,
    Please contact the Help desk and report this error. The Help desk is available by clicking on the Help link in the top right corner of your screen.
    Thank you!
    Kimberly

1 2 5 7 9 14 15

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base