Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

287 results found

1. Talent Bridge Matching Engine- Age Requirement Idea

Would love to have the Talent Bridge Matching Engine lower their age to 16 - however due to legal I understand that may not work.

However what about if we put in messaging that says "Will be 18 by time of employment"

Thurs providing the opportunity for 'young' seniors 17 yrs of age, to LOOK for employment prior to graduating? This would be key for our CyberPatriot High School participants and I'm sure others.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  2. Make assessment questions more closely reflect the chapter content.

Each Cisco exam seemingly has at least one question where the answer does not match what the chapter content states.

Examples: In CCNA2 R&S Chapter 3 Exam there's a question regarding using the RIP network. The chapter states the command enables RIP advertisements on interfaces that belong to the specified network. On the exam the answer is "it identifies the interfaces that belong to a specified network." Identifying a network is much different than enabling RIP to advertise across an interface.

In Chapter 4 Exam there is a question regarding the identification of the destination address of a broadcast frame.…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  3. PERMITIR ORGANIZAR LOS CURSOS DEL INSTRUCTOR (Organize I'm Teaching by Curriculum Groups)

Me gustaría que al igual que la segmentación por categorías de los cursos en la página principal, exista la forma de organizar los cursos que un instructor abre.
    Es decir que todos los cursos que un instructor abre se puedan organizar automáticamente por ACADEMIA y por linea, aqui algunos ejemplos de linea de cursos.

Linea de IoT
    Linea de R&S
    Linea de Seguridad
    Linea de Programación

Adjunto ejemplo del diseño por academia y dentro de cada academia sus respectivas lineas que contienen cierta cantidad de cursos.

Espero lo tengan en cuenta y esto se pueda implementar.

English:

I would like…

143 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Gracias por esta idea. La función de búsqueda en la pestaña Estoy Enseñando le permite buscar por currículo además del nombre o la identificación del curso. En este momento no haremos cambios adicionales en la forma en que se muestra esta página. Tendremos esto en cuenta para futuras mejoras.

In English: Thank you this idea. The search feature on the I’m Teaching tab allows you to search by curriculum in addition to course name or id. At this time we will not be making additional changes to how this page is displayed. We will keep this in mind for future enhancements.

4. Add how to calculate checksums to CCNA R&S

FCS and CRC are discussed often in CCNA R&S but never expanded upon. New instructors that may be POCs for the Cisco Academies that participate in Cisco’s free Networking Maintenance Agreement are allowed to download and install IOS upgrades on academy hardware, yet they have to research to find out how to validate checksums. I propose that the following lab be added to the CCNA ITN as lab 4.4.4.2

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  5. Hiding course contents

If a hide a module (in the Module menu) unpublishing it, the student can still access that chapter content, simply opening any chapter in a published module and browsing the course, when he has in the browser bar https://static-course-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/...

There should be a way to effectively prevent a student from accessing the whole AWS course contents.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  6. Create an "Intro to Wireshark" class.

create a short class that would teach the students the basics of using Wireshark to both create and analyze Wireshark traces on wired and wireless networks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add to platform speech server

I think it would be great to have possibility to hear learning materials, especially in the mobile version of course. Yes, there are some interactive exercises that can't be done in such "sound learning" environment but sometimes we want to stay learning on the road, at supermarket etc. when we have to wait and lost time....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CyberSecurity Labs and VMs

I would like to have the Virtual Machine used in the labs for CSE 1.1 converted to an ovf file to be imported into vmWare or vCenter and NOT ONLY VirtualBox. I use VMware instead of VB and the current ova file will not import into VMware/vCenter.
    I would suggest that this be done for ALL VirtualBox labs (CyberOps as well).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, we will not be able to implement at this time.

The following information may be helpful as a workaround.

For reference, the video below shows how to do import OVA files into VMware Workstation and WMware Fusion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiZMB0tLgLg

Note: The ask is to import VirtualBox OVAs into VMWare vCenter (a cloud-like VMWare environment). The video shows how to import VirtualBox OVAs into VMWare Workstation and VMWare Fusion but since VMWare VM format can be used in any VMWare environment, the the methods shown in the video should work for vCenter & vSphere

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Discount Voucher

Discount vouchers for instructors and students should be given directly by the ASC Manager when future instructors and students who took the lecture requests for a voucher or wants to retake the exam after they fail it at first try.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CCNx

add content centric networking sort cache

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Network+

Create an appendix for Network Essentials that would hit the missing material for the Comptia Network+ certification.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Security+ Appendix

Create an appendix for Cybersecurity Essentials that would hit the missing material for the Comptia Security+ certification.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Use real IOS in Packet Tracer

With IOSv, IOSvL2, and ASAv all available through VIRL, why not allow these to be used within Packet Tracer. Students may then have a more realistic experience with the IOS. And there would be full support for all of CCNA, CCNA Security, and even CCNP. I believe many Academies would be willing to pay a one-time fee or subscription for this feature. It would be very helpful for Academies that do not use NetLab.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Easy certificate download

I was looking for a one click option for any specific student’s status of completion for all simultaneous courses he/she have been enrolled so that I could download certificate of letter of completion for that student in a much easier way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fillable PDF Forms for Labs

Please continue to create the form-fillable PDF forms for all of the lab assignments within the curricula. The current version of CCNA and CCNA Security curricula include downloadable PDF forms for each lab assignment. These are invaluable in grading. The fields that students fill out as they work through a lab can be highlighted and easily found and graded. Without the fillable form PDFs, we must return to paper-and-pencil versions for grading. The last three chapters in the CCNA Security course do not include fillable PDF versions of the lab documents, and I understand the curriculum team does not intend…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Instructors to lock assessments with a password

Is it possible to put passwords on a an assessment so that students can not access it without the password. At our college we have a testing center and I would my Cisco students to take their exams in the testing center. If we could lock the exam with a password then I could give that password to the testing center and students could only take / unlock the exam at the testing center vs other locations. This would help reduce cheating

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  18. Awarding system for contributions to errata documentation

It'd be great if you had the opportunity to award users for their contributions in errors eliminating.
    Like Badges system in a Google Translate Community.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pentesting course on netacad

What about a PenTesting course with Kali Linux and Metasploitable on netacad? Is there any plan in the pipeline?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Snap version of Packet Tracer

Packet Tracer is depended on older libpng12. Ubuntu and more-up-to-date systems use libpng16. The problem is that usrmerge becomes a conflict for libpng12, so we can't run PT. A solution for this could be a Snap version so that PT can still continue to use older libraries.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base