Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

287 results found

1. Incluir de forma obligatoria en los certificados (New Requirements for Certificates)

En todos los certificados debe ir de forma obligatoria el numero de horas del curso, así como la firma del instructor y nombre de academia.

In English: Add the Academy Name, Instructor Signature, and the number of hours completed for a course to all Course Completion Certificates.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. print certificates for all students on my academy

Es posible desarrollar un apartado o sección en MANAGE, en donde el administrador de la academia pueda fácilmente localizar el diploma de un estudiante e imprimirlo aún y cuando el curso ya este concluido y finalizado?
    Esto porque cuando ha terminado su tiempo y este no puede ser modificado no puede realizarse la impresión.

English: Ability for Instructor to print certificates for students from concluded courses

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Need EPS files for marketing banners, Pdfs do not scale well.

There are PDF files but these do not scale well for larger banners.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Resources  ·  Admin →
  4. Results per page values

Hi. Your results per page options are 5,10,20,30 and 50. Our classes are always about 55 to 60. i have two snags i run into. i have to always sort by name first, and then change the option to 50 per page, and then manually edit the amount on top to 60 in the address bar. this is very tedious on a slow connection. if you could have a default view that saves and increase the maximum (and also save that) and also alphabet sorting that saves, it would really save time.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Moderation of Community Forums

Please consider adding moderators to the communities. Maybe even have a process to ask for and vet volunteer moderators. The communities are full of useless posts, and the downside good content gets buried and never looked at. So many members post just to get points. That means the point system is broken.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →
  6. Student View

Activated assessments appear as inactive under student view. this should be fixed or a note should be displayed for the instructor.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow students to upload more than one google doc file at a time when submitting assignments

At this time my students cannot upload more than one file from google docs. My University uses google docs and gmail for everything. For example for my packet tracer lab submissions, I require my students upload the completed packet tracer file and the completed word document. They cannot do this using google docs. They can only upload one file per assignment.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Class Sections

Will class sections ever be enabled, it is currently very cumbersome to have to mange 5 or six courses of the same subject.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →
  9. Suggestion: R&D inside Academy

As we are in an academy domain, why not to address Cisco R & D in our community.
    I suggest to make some joint research for both students and instructors to do some projects and research works this involve but not limited:
    1. Technical and Research journals
    2. Final Year Projects
    3. MSc and PhD Projects
    4. Curriculum and Books writing.
    5. Adding Student Forums in the community.

I am not sure if this is possible; however, how to do that?

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Conclude a Student option

There was an option to Conclude a student from the course, who withdraws from the course half-way through. This stops from them accessing the curriculum once they are no longer a student. This option has now been removed during the recent upgrade.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Use VIRL for labs virtualization

Packet Tracer is a great simulation tool, but limited for advanced study.

Cisco has a new and fantastic tool called VIRL for labs virtualization (almost full feature).

This is a game changer, instead of having fisical hardware, you can just virtualize it. It would be great to have the possibility to use this powerfull tool in netacad with our students.

For those of you that never heard about VIRL watch this movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BjBEVl24eA

Best regards,
    Hugo Veiga

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Main Contacts of Instructor Training Centers should be able to accredit instructors after completion in course by instructor

Main contacts of ITCs should be able to accredit instructors after the instructor trainer has completed them in the gradebook of the course. It is a two step process for instructors to complete an instructor training course, completion in gradebook and then accreditation. I am a main contact but since I am not qualified to teach CCNA Security or CCNP instructor classes, I can not accredit instructors. We don't accredit instructors till the instructor has paid for training. My trainers are not always available or are aware when the bill has been paid. I am hoping the system can allow…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make firstname surname editable by instructor

So if we make a mistake we can fix it without having to delete the student and add them again. Saving the student from having to do the registration process again.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  14. Upgrade Netspace Curriculum prior to School Years

While it is clear technology changes, and curriculum changes with it, to effectively map to certifications, I am interested in seeing major changes and updates be made effective in August, prior to a school year beginning.

It is disappointing as an instructor, to create a course, only to be provided bridging material to embed into a course already rich in content. Additionally, to begin a course, and then have a major update mid-year creates unnecessary confusion, and a feeling of not efficiently preparing our learners.

Thanks for understanding, and I look forward to this going into effect tomorrow. :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We do understand individuals would like to have updated materials as quickly as possible when the CCNA certification changes. This is not always possible but efforts were made to ensure the CCNA Bridging materials were released in May to help prepare individuals for the start of the school year. The CCNA curriculum is currently being reviewed and will be updated later this year. More specific information was recently announced and Cisco recognizes many academies will not fully adopt CCNA 6.0 until the beginning of school next year.

- NetAcad Support

15. Turn on the ability to edit posts and add attachments to replies

Offer the ability in communities for the author to edit their own posts. This will allow for better reading of posts when someone mistypes and can just go back in and fix their own mistake. Along the same line, please allow file attachments as replies.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →
  16. Importing students from other clases

There is an option to enroll existing students from previus courses, the problem is that it is posible only if I teached that class, if I didn't (the case most of time) there is no way. Why not let me choose from all the courses in my institution?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve the pre-login experience for educators

There are too many clicks for a candidate instructor to find the ITC Locator. We can reduce the click path by one. Start at pre-login NetAcad.com >>> see "Teach with us... Get Started" >>> When a person decides to select Get Started under "Teach with us" they find themselves on the "Get Started" page and now have to decide to select the Inspire button under Educators. This seems strange. Didn't they already indicated that they are interested in becoming an instructor?
    Selecting "Teach with Us - Get Started” should take them to the Educators page.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. replace NAT

Replace ccna 4 NAT with SDN or MPLS

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  19. Badging Students

This is a post - just discussed with Echo in the FB group ... another instructor wondered if they could track what self-enrol courses were taken by any of their students.

With all the work that is going on in open badged courses - knowing that some of our students move between academies as well as take these independent courses - it would be useful if we had badges after their names within the user list - as this would show their progress.

It helps when I 'add' students, it helps when others recruit my students say for CCNA>CCNP or…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Certificates  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)