Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

287 results found

1. keep the students name list even after concluding class

after concluding class we are unable to see students list; please make provision to see students name list in concluded class list; this feature was available in previous verson but now it is not there; we need a list to see who all completed; its is difficult to trace who are all completed in a year

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →

We recommend instructors do not hard conclude courses. Instead, simply set the end date of the course as appropriate. Check out the “Try new version” which allows you to easily filter by In-Progress and Ended courses. Ended courses, which are past the end date, allow full access to enrollment details, grades, etc.

In addition, a new feature was added to the course details in the new “I’m Teaching” view which will allow you to search for a student you previously taught and see what course they have completed with you.

- NetAcad Support

2. Allow modification of Assessment times

Sometimes it's necessary to alter the time when an assessment either opens or closes. This should be a parameter that is configurable by the instructor on the fly. There is a "lag" at times when attempting to deactivate an assessment in order to reactivate it with a different time. This can lead to frustration for both the instructor and the students at critical times.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  3. Put extended ACLs back in the curriculum.

Although extended ACLs are no longer part of the CCENT Certification, they are an integral part of teaching ACLs in general. Even later topics in the curriculum use extended ACLs with a comment that they are not covered in the course, so other topics can be explained. For students to understand the curriculum, the workings of extended ACLs must be explained anyway.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  4. Incomplete Feedback should be automatically cleared or concluded once the activation expires.

Since, feedback is a prerequisite for the final exam, students are unable to sit for the exam if their feedback is incomplete and the activation has already expired. It is extremely upsetting when this issue pops up right before the exam is about to start. Chat support is also not available 24*7.
    My suggestion, incomplete feedback should be automatically cleared or concluded based on the provided responses once the activation expires or "View All Attempts" option must also be provided for the teachers to manually clear the incomplete attempt.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  5. Checking Individual Feedback of students

Instructors and students should be able to see the feedback after submission

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add an option to hide Quiz results once submitted.

Some academies have poloicies to announce quizzes results after being processed and checked.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Using templates or cloning for cource creation

Some my cources is customized from standard elements. When I need create a new cource for new student's group, I need many times for new customization. But if has a function "create from template" or "cloning from exist course", I must change dates and student list only! Option "use profile" in exam activation very useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Regarding Arabic tutorials

Hello
    the script in Arabic tutorials (inside the yellow boxes) is written backwards. it is un-readable
    I tried two internet browsers and the issue still exists.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Signaling activated assesment with other color

Facilitate to student (and instructor) know what assement are activated add the option of mark of some way like change color of icon, lets filtering or another method that work automatically.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  10. put recognition of schools and instructors on public site

put recognition of schools and instructors on public site. While trying to show my college that I got an award for expert level instructor excellence from Cisco I am having problem that only I can access the site and I cannot refer PR to a site showing I won the award or info about the award. Why hide recognition of awards?

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  11. enrolling

give option for editing information if entered wrong during enrolling process.

for example: i have entered a mail id given by student during the enrolling time, but came to know it was wrong and she is not receiving registration mail. if there is a edit option it will be easy to change mail id in list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Speed  ·  Admin →
  12. To add a possibility to disable Conversations

During an exam some students use Conversation tool to cheat.
    The idea is to add a possibility for Instructor or Manager to disable the Conversations for short period of time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  13. Self-activated assessments in some courses

"new releases for both Introduction to IoT and Introduction to the Internet of Everything courses (in all languages) which include enhancements based on instructor feedback to automatically activate assessments and course completion, minimizing instructor efforts."
    Question: May I "deactivate" this new (useless) feature and be again the one who decides when my students should take exams?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. Self-paced courses, such as Introduction to Technology will have assessments automatically activated. These assessments are exactly the same ones that are available on the courses on NetAcad.com, i.e. the answers are already available to the students. Because of this the decision was based on instructor feedback to automatically activate assessments and course completion, thus minimizing instructor efforts.

Instructors who want to control the assessment timeline in their classrooms always have the ability to un-publish these assessments, edit the assignments to have due dates or create specific dates for students to take the assessment. In addition Instructors can create their own quizzes.

- NetAcad Support

14. Want to be able to add pictures to the people profiles

I would like to be able to add a pic to my class profile. When I click on people in the class menu a list of people in the class (including myself) is displayed. I would like to know how to have a picture displayed to the left of the name.

Also, I would like to have my picture displayed in place of the shadow graphic in the circle above the Account menu item in the menu bar to the far left on the navigation window.

I just think this will help personalize the learning experience for students.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →
  15. concluding course

after concluding course ; name list is removed from the class; and unable to apply certificate if required; this facility was there before; but now it has been removed; the reason i want this is, some time some old students who passed university may come ask for the missing certificate; now we are unable to apply for it.
    please do the needful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Student's date of birth on certificates

Certificates should report at least student's date of birth, since it is very hard to identify a person in the world just using his first and last name

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. enrolling

lists all students names so that we can select and enroll from list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  18. Pour éviter le triche dans les examens !!

J'aimerais bien que vous préparez plusieurs questions par examen de chapitre par exemple 500 questions, puis pour chaque étudiant vous les choisissez 24 questions parmi ces 500 questions, comme ça on réduit le pourcentage de triche car les examens de chapitres sont tous sur INTERNET avec leurs solutions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. need column for branch details

i am enrolling student from different disciplines for a course , they aredoing common course; need a column to branch name while registering.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  0 comments  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  20. Please, put a lot of relevant information in the same screen + reduce clics

Shorten the names if possible, reduce number of mouse-clics, ...
    A drawing is better than a long speech: Please, see an exemple in the attachment

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base