Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

201 results found

1. add Karachi city in nearest city field

Please add karachi city in Sindh region of Pakistan

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Delivered  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. select city

in Academy/Institution Information Profile can, set Czech republic, Pardubický kraj and *is impossible select any city* NO ONE is present

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Delivered  ·  Dave Free responded

Zdenek, I believe this issue is resolved. Please let us know if you disagree.

Thanks!

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Francisco. Please contact the helpdesk if you are still seeing this problem.

4. Batch add (existing) users to new class

I can easily create CSV files with all students of a class. Therefore I'd appreciate it if I also could use CSV files to add users to a new class.
    Existing users would be just added to the class; the other ones would get an email telling them to register themselves.
    (One other thing: I'm out of votes! How shall I report further feature requests / bug?)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Phillippe, I love your suggestions!

What you describe is exactly how the CSV upload currently works. You can add existing students to a class by uploading them through a CSV. If they are new to NetSpace they will receive the invitation email. If they already have an account they will just be enrolled in the class.

BTW, each time one of your ideas is delivered or closed you get those votes back. So this vote is coming back to you. We’ll also take a look at increasing the number of votes.

Thanks again for your ideas!

5. Encoding Issues

We started to use NetSpace with a first real class and we had to some issues with encoding.
    In one case it seems as if the user was able to use a é in his screen but the system dropped just é. We had to contact support (because I'm not able to see the screen name) to figure out his screen name.
    When downloading and uploading CSV files (to add users / download marks) there also encoding errors with non-ASCII characters.
    I accepted the limitations of the old platform but I think you should be able to address most of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Delivered  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. How do you find CCNA Security v1.1 SBA document?

How Do I find the CCNA Security v1.1 SBA document. In CNAMs you went to the Gradebook. right clicked SBA and it was there to download. Can't do that on NetSpace and now I can't get to it on CNAMs. This is really a problem when you only have two weeks before the SBA for the students.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Mark, You can find that in the NetAcad Resources portlet. Scroll to the bottom of NetSpace home. Click on Explore Resources. Find the CCNA security folder and then the SBA. Let us know if that doesn’t work.

Thanks!

7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Delivered  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. instructors had more control over student enrollment

I have had a number of student who have not received their login information from the Academy team. Is there a way for instructors can change students email address and re-send the login information?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Beta Feedback forum should allow attaching files

When providing feedback and suggestions it is often helpful to attach a file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How does the 'Check Existing' student work?

A student has finished Exploration 1 early so I want to put him straight into an Exploration 2 class I've created.
    But it seems that I have to type all 3 fields (First name, family name, email address) before NetSpace will search for him and recognise him as an existing student? Seems that clicking the Check Existing link does nothing, and because the email address is mandatory the enrolment will not work. Being able to have NetSpace check on just a family name or student id would be would be very helpful.
    thanks
    Aubrey

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Delivered  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. See students usernames in profiles.

Why cant I see the students username or reset student passwords in the class roster. This would be useful when students cant remember their usernames as we could in the previous class rosters.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. survey item results

In the past instructors were able to view the survey items that were part of assesments from time to time. Have we lost that functionality? I felt it was a great way to monitor the class atmosphere and goals.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Roy, once 3 students have given course feedback you can view the feedback.

To view course feedback, click Course Feedback under Assignments, load the activity, and then select Course Feedback Results from the menu.

13. Problem with update institution data

When I tried change my State/Region the information isn`t retained my Región is Castilla y León and the System come back to Pais Vasco.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Francisco, please notify the helpdesk if you are still seeing this problem. We believe it is resolved.

Thanks!

14. Just a comment

I really appreciate the link to course resources when you access the offerings- much quicker and easier to find what I need.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CSV Upload and Student addition

The csv file upload should verify the correct format prior to taking the submission. We had an instructor upload an incorrect format and it's been hard to resolve!

It would also be great to be able to add students under the current class. We should not have to go back to netspace home to do that.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Greg, CSV upload improvements have been made to the system and should work much better now. Thanks for your feedback!

Sorry for the hassle with the CSV upload Greg. We’re working on enhancing that functionality now and will add this to the list.

As far as adding students under the current class, we’re looking at ways to reduce the number of clicks so you don’t have to go back to NetSpace home.
  16. Settings Menu

left menu from inside a course can be show/hide by instructor in course setting.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Irsandi, if I understand correctly you want to show/hide or change the order of the left menu in a course? You can do that now by clicking “settings” and then the navigation tab. Here is a screen shot:
    http://screencast.com/t/ZWgNyS8pDA

17. 'Country' be changed to "Country/Region" on Profile Page

Request that the User Profile Page section for 'Country' be changed to "Country/Region". Due to the following:

"It is politically sensitive to have China, HK, Macao, and Taiwan listed under the same list of "Country". We have the similar setting in old AC."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Si la gestion des sessions mieux contrôler comme dans NetAcad.

En effet, je me suis connecter sur la plate forme à partir de mon ordinateur portable, il y a de cela plus de 3 jours. Aujourd'hui, en essayant d'ouvrir ma session sur NetSpace, j'ai remarqué qu'il m'a connecté sans me demander de m'authentifier.

Je trouve que ceci pourrais constituer une faille pour le piratage des comptes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Cyrille. Thanks for your suggestion. We have added the functionality. Please let us know if you have other suggestions.

Thanks!

19. Resources

Resources.
    There are no available resources in the academy??
    Where are all the PPX files and games that used to be in the old academy?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

John, you can access the resources by clicking on “NetAcad Resources” at the bottom of the home page.

20. getting an HTTP 401 error every time

I cannot access the IT Essentials online course material, activate assessments or assignments. I get an error very time. It is an HTTP 401 error. I have logged it with the help desk but it is unsolved after a week. The error is as follows:
    message Invalid signature for signature method HMAC-SHA1. It also mention Apache Tomcat.
    Any suggestions/ideas from the development team, please? I cannot run my classes because of this error.
    Regards
    Michael

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base