Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

287 results found

1. All course documents download within one zip

Add all course documents as .ppt, Labs, .pka files to one .zip file.
    It is timesave for instructor downloading course resources in one zip file.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Resources  ·  Admin →
  2. Better search options

It would be great if we could do a search for a subject from one central area and it would takes us to the location within the curriculum. Current searches take us to posted blogs or we have to create a course in order to search for the subject in question. With the recent change from CCNA 5.03 to 6.0 it would be a great time saver.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  3. Self Pace courses for Coding like Python and cloud computing.

We would love to include some self pace coding and cloud computing courses to our students. The instructor led is not as flexible for our offerings but the self-pace would work the best.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow instructor to change the date settings of Students profile

Allow instructor to change or set a unique date format for all the class, So this way could avoid differente date formats for the students when they or the instructor download the certificates and letters.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To have Netacad ID in Certificate

All students should get a certificate with Netacad ID so that it can be verified

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Search and Enroll Prior Students from concluded classes

When adding existing students to a class, I want to be able to Search and Enroll Prior Students From concluded classes too.

Click on Edit course, Edit students, Add Existing
    Click on the dropdown for Enroll existing students from your current or previous courses

Expected: Active and Concluded courses shown
    Actual: Only Active courses are shown

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enrollment  ·  Admin →
  7. Capture branch/section information during enrollment

Provide additional field in enrollment as branch/class so that we can see students class wise when we have more than 4 -5 branches or sections of the same course

first name, last name, mail id , branch, ....

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Speed  ·  Admin →
  8. Moderation of Community Forums

Please consider adding moderators to the communities. Maybe even have a process to ask for and vet volunteer moderators. The communities are full of useless posts, and the downside good content gets buried and never looked at. So many members post just to get points. That means the point system is broken.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve the pre-login experience for educators

There are too many clicks for a candidate instructor to find the ITC Locator. We can reduce the click path by one. Start at pre-login NetAcad.com >>> see "Teach with us... Get Started" >>> When a person decides to select Get Started under "Teach with us" they find themselves on the "Get Started" page and now have to decide to select the Inspire button under Educators. This seems strange. Didn't they already indicated that they are interested in becoming an instructor?
    Selecting "Teach with Us - Get Started” should take them to the Educators page.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  10. Upgrade Netspace Curriculum prior to School Years

While it is clear technology changes, and curriculum changes with it, to effectively map to certifications, I am interested in seeing major changes and updates be made effective in August, prior to a school year beginning.

It is disappointing as an instructor, to create a course, only to be provided bridging material to embed into a course already rich in content. Additionally, to begin a course, and then have a major update mid-year creates unnecessary confusion, and a feeling of not efficiently preparing our learners.

Thanks for understanding, and I look forward to this going into effect tomorrow. :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We do understand individuals would like to have updated materials as quickly as possible when the CCNA certification changes. This is not always possible but efforts were made to ensure the CCNA Bridging materials were released in May to help prepare individuals for the start of the school year. The CCNA curriculum is currently being reviewed and will be updated later this year. More specific information was recently announced and Cisco recognizes many academies will not fully adopt CCNA 6.0 until the beginning of school next year.

- NetAcad Support

11. Main Contacts of Instructor Training Centers should be able to accredit instructors after completion in course by instructor

Main contacts of ITCs should be able to accredit instructors after the instructor trainer has completed them in the gradebook of the course. It is a two step process for instructors to complete an instructor training course, completion in gradebook and then accreditation. I am a main contact but since I am not qualified to teach CCNA Security or CCNP instructor classes, I can not accredit instructors. We don't accredit instructors till the instructor has paid for training. My trainers are not always available or are aware when the bill has been paid. I am hoping the system can allow…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  12. Academy Locator

The search feature in academy locator is not very straightforward.
    1- The default search field is by location
    2- the search by name/id is somehow hidden as per the attached snapshot. while it should be close to the search box
    3- the "Only show results in my country" check box seems to have no effect.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Locator  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback.
    Academy locator is intended for prospective students who want to find an academy near them. It is designed to allow a user to enter their location and find the closest academies.

Search by name/id is a feature intended for special cases only, like for a support person and for academy owner that wants to see their own entries. That is why we have made it somewhat hidden.

Try searching for “tyre, Lebanon” with and without the checkbox and you will see the effect.

13. Add the Sections feature to Canvas

Sections allow the instructor to create one course but divide students into Sections/Periods/Groups. This will allow you to activate exams, add assignments, make announcements etc. only once but apply them to all everyone. In the gradebook for example, you can view all students or just by sections. Here is information from Canvas about Sections.

https://guides.instructure.com/m/4214/l/55346-how-are-courses-and-sections-related

https://guides.instructure.com/m/4152/l/57096-how-do-i-add-a-section-to-a-course

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gradebook  ·  Admin →
  14. Packet tracer - add PT numbers to the Activity Instruction Pages

Add the Packet Tracer Number (ie. 1.3.1.3) to the Title of the Activity Instruction Page.

I often will place PT files in very nested folders C:\Users\Username\Course Number\Packet Tracer\Originals. When the topology window opens, I often can't see the number of the assignment, but if it's in the Activity Window instructions, then I know which one I'm working on and don't need to resize my topology window to see the number.

Example below

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Identify curricular overlap between Intro to CyberSecurity, Cyber Security Essentials, and CCNA Security

I would like to know if there are curricular or concept overlaps between the two Cyber courses and the CCNA Security course. My thought is that it might be usefult to use one or the other, or both, of the CyberSecurity courses as self-paced lead-in training for CCNA Security.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Self-activated assessments in some courses

"new releases for both Introduction to IoT and Introduction to the Internet of Everything courses (in all languages) which include enhancements based on instructor feedback to automatically activate assessments and course completion, minimizing instructor efforts."
    Question: May I "deactivate" this new (useless) feature and be again the one who decides when my students should take exams?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. Self-paced courses, such as Introduction to Technology will have assessments automatically activated. These assessments are exactly the same ones that are available on the courses on NetAcad.com, i.e. the answers are already available to the students. Because of this the decision was based on instructor feedback to automatically activate assessments and course completion, thus minimizing instructor efforts.

Instructors who want to control the assessment timeline in their classrooms always have the ability to un-publish these assessments, edit the assignments to have due dates or create specific dates for students to take the assessment. In addition Instructors can create their own quizzes.

- NetAcad Support

17. Markup Capability

It would be nice to be able to mark-up the right-hand text column within the curriculum - highlight items, add personal comments, and so forth. This would make it easier to teach from the curriculum. It would be necessary to be able to save such comments or mark-ups. This would probably require integration with a third-party tool that would save the individual teacher's mark-ups on their own computer - to be blended with the curriculum when presented. The comments and mark-ups would not become part of the curriculum but would overlay on top of it - avoiding any copyright issues.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  18. Find a way to replace Flash and Java.

This really has become a design issue with browsers dropping java and flash support. If you look at the dates of the related posts, you have been kicking the can down the road for years.

You ask... What can you do to make Cisco Networking Academy even better? This is one way

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  19. CCNA

CCNA all 4 module should be in downloadable form. It is impossible for student to read online. Not only power point slides even whole course when we launch course that should be downloadable form

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a scroll lbar to the Course Index

Currently you have to how down the mouse clicker on the up or down arrow in Course Index. It would be more efficient to have a scroll bar so the user can quickly navigate to the section they are looking for.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base