Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

283 results found

1. Include some options into Assessment components marking.

Kindly find attached the screen shot of another LMS system. In that system, once you open multiple tries for the student(s) then it ask you to select which marks to be posted in the grade book:

Highest Score / Last Score / Average Score

This option gives you flexibility and lets you save the clerical efforts. Imagine, while using Netacad, I've 200 students and if I give 2 to 3 attempts to all of them for two or three PT Skills Assessment activities then I need to manually input the highest grade in the current Netacad system, provided the students…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the UI work again, please

Netacad Homepage, Teach, Access the Courses you are teaching --> the new alphabetic order is unexpected and undeclared. Please get back to the "Most recent course first" order, or give us the possibility to choose!
    Moreover, the home page of the courses, and of the relevant chapters, does not load the JPG image anymore. Could you please adjust this too?
    Marco

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we make assessments accessible to screenreaders like Google Read & Write?

We have really great material for supporting students with disabilities -- is there a technical barrier to making this possible? I have students with learning disabilities, dyslexia, etc. who are excellent computer engineers -- they understand the theory, they can perform on practical tasks and challenges ... they're just not proficient readers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ability to unpublish assignments after they have been submitted.

I like creating my own exams to use during the course, but hosting them on netspace is a problem because I cannot unpublish them after a student has submitted work. This is a problem, because if I have a student that is absent, I cannot hide it from them, or prevent another student from taking a copy of their already submitted assignment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix RSE 6.0 Skills evaluation topology

I've noticed and error in the topology picture on the instructor and student copy of the RSE skills assessment.

S1 shows both PC-A and Trunk to R1 connected to port F0/5. PC-A should be connected to port F0/6 on the diagram.
    Can this be corrected quickly as I am about to teach this course face to face

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Réalisation des examens par ordre

J'aimerais bien que vous ajoutiez dans le sous menu "Modules" d'un cours et exactement dans la rubrique "Exigences" en modifiant les paramètres d'un module, l'exigence qui demande d'un étudiant de faire par exemple l'examen préliminaire avant de faire l'examen de chapitre 1, c'est à dire que les examens doivent être réalisés selon l'ordre ou ils sont (préliminaire==>chapitre1==> chapitre2,.....).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Text size, white space, web design

Sorry, your delivered version is exactly at the opposite of what we asked ... See attached file.
    It seems that with canvas, global vue of informations is lost ...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →
  8. Quiz question not giving full marks for correct answer course CCNS R&S Essentials

In the Chapter 3 Practice Quiz for CCNA R&S Routing and Switching Essentials course, there is a matching question with [not all options are used]. When all 5 are matched correctly, including leaving the unmatched section blank, first the quiz will warn that there is a question unanswered when you try to submit. If you submit anyway, the review shows all 5 choices in the question as correct but only gives the student 1.6/2pts for this question.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Issue: Packet Tracer 7 not connecting anonymously

I have some freshmen trying to use PT for an exploratory class. Most of them can launch PT 7.0 but a couple of the PC's are requesting a Netacad login. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Packet Tracer Assessments WORKS POORLY or not at all

The Packet Tracers assessment questions HAVE NEVER WORKED reliably. Can the Network academy please overhaul how this work.

Currently, the only way I can get it to launch is with chrome and our college does not support chrome in our lab environment. Even then it works about 60% of the time. It just gets stuck with the loading bar making no progress.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. better image for course sequence

This jpg of the course pathway (attached) is very helpful; would it be possible to get a better quality image?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Curriculum  ·  Admin →
  12. Problem with Exam Voucher

I have been trying to get help with a problem with a student voucher for the CCENT exam and I can't get any help. I submitted two support tickets. The online chat does not work. I tried calling 1-877-404-3929 for support and it is always busy. I contacted my regional director and she told me to go to support chat (which isn't working) I am pulling my hair out trying to get someone to help with this problem to no avail. The voucher my student was issued this summer for the CCENT exam is for the old exam (100-101). All…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Network Fundamentals 5.2.3.1

Some of the information is not clearly stated. Most Cisco switches and Ethernet NICs default to autonegotiation for speed and duplex. Gigabit Ethernet ports only operate in full-duplex. At a 1000 Mbs on Rj45 it is hard coded to full duplex and it is not even a configurable setting. So, the statement above that for example the NIC can operate at full or half duplex is somewhat misleading and incorrect.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Rename "Activation Tool" to Assessment Center

On the Course Home page it would make sense to rename Activation Tool on the left menu to Assessment center because that is the heading of the page that link takes you to, plus it is more meaningful because the Assessment Center allows you to do more than activate assessments - such as view exams and students attempts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Canvas  ·  Admin →
  15. Try making an interface that people can actually use, is useful and does not require training to uise

Simple options for curriculum material viewing
    Bring back downloadable curriculae
    Bring users onto the development teams - use Agile technologies
    Open up learning to those who cannot afford it.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 思科网院CCNA1 5.1版本的中文版在线课本与离线下载的课本章节不一致。

思科网院CCNA1 5.1版本的中文版在线课本与离线下载的课本章节不一致。
    5.1的在线版课本的章节与英文版一致。但下载的离线版,仍然是5.03的中文版的章节。即新版的第7章 IP寻址,第8章 对IP网络划分子网,第9章传输层。旧版的是第7章传输层,第8章IP寻址,第9章对IP网络划分子网.个别章节也有所调整。
    希望及时更新调整为一致。

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Final Exam Activation after Multiple Attempts (>3)

Had a student that could not take the final exam a 4th time. The solution was to only activate 1 exam. The solution worked, but it is not really a good one for Teachers. There are no notifications to state that student can't be chosen a random exam. The developer of the site must be checking the last exams done and only allowing the non-completed exams through and since he has had 3 attempts all the RANDOM exams have been attempted meaning that he can't take one. Not really a good idea if there is 6 attempts but only 3…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Admin →
  18. Broken Test Question

Please see the attached question/screenshot from a recent CCNA 1 Final Module Test instance. This question did not have any exhibit to refer to and was witnessed as a problem in IE, Firefox and Chrome

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. URGENT ISSUE - cannot connect, cannot display helpdesk number

Once I login all I can see is the profile update page over and over. The suggestions say contact helpdesk, but you cannot display that information either

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

Hi Ann- Marie,
    Sorry you were having challenges with your profile page. I have forwarded this to the support desk so they can assist you.

NetAcad Support

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base