Skip to content

Instructor Feedback Forum

Welcome! We are interested in learning about your ideas for improving Cisco Networking Academy. If you need assistance or would like to report a problem, please contact the support desk.

For the latest updates on Cisco Networking Academy releases please see Cisco Networking Academy Notes.

283 results found

1. Slightly faster?

Friday 28th september 9am UTC London
    Is the site slightly faster, has something changed?

However now get an error message when accessing the homepage.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi Andrew, We have been working hard at improving the site performance. So glad you are seeing a better experience. As for your error message, i have forwarded your challenge to the support desk.

2. bug !

When adding a student.

I very often get

Your request failed to complete.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. NetSpace will not allow us to create an Exploration 3 Course

I have a student who just completed Exploration 2 and wants to move to Exploration 3 but when I go to create the course, it doesn't allow you to set the dates from start to end of course. If I do it manually, it still won't work. Is anyone else facing this issue? If so, what can I do to fix this problem?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Time zone & Student names

• The time zone corresponding to Colombia, Ecuador, Peru is not available. Currently there is not a time zone that can be selected without daylight saving time used in countries at higher latitudes.
    • When a student has a two words last name and a two words first name, the middle name is being showed as the first word of the last name. Would you please check that?
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. bug exams !

IN the class 1213-S3G1.

I had 3 exams which finished with "internal error" !!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Denis, sorry that happened. Please contact the helpdesk and provide the details so we can track down the issue. Thanks!

6. bug in displaying missed questions?

HTTP Status 404 - /virtuoso/delivery/pub-doc/tacad.net/virtuoso/servlet/org.cli.delivery.rendering.servlet.IIPNewServlet/LMSID=LTI10,Theme=rapport,Style=base,Language=en,Version=2,CourseID=en-knet-lcmsexploration1en40,FormID=knet-af25651,ItemID=knet-it119325,SmvID=6241/CHAPID=null/RLOID=null/RIOID=null/knet/it_119325/item-iip.html,iip,width=960,height=600,top=0,left=0,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,status=no,location=no)

type Status report

message /virtuoso/delivery/pub-doc/tacad.net/virtuoso/servlet/org.cli.delivery.rendering.servlet.IIPNewServlet/LMSID=LTI10,Theme=rapport,Style=base,Language=en,Version=2,CourseID=en-knet-lcmsexploration1en40,FormID=knet-af25651,ItemID=knet-it119325,SmvID=6241/CHAPID=null/RLOID=null/RIOID=null/knet/it_119325/item-iip.html,iip,width=960,height=600,top=0,left=0,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,status=no,location=no)

description The requested resource (/virtuoso/delivery/pub-doc/tacad.net/virtuoso/servlet/org.cli.delivery.rendering.servlet.IIPNewServlet/LMSID=LTI10,Theme=rapport,Style=base,Language=en,Version=2,CourseID=en-knet-lcmsexploration1en40,FormID=knet-af25651,ItemID=knet-it119325,SmvID=6241/CHAPID=null/RLOID=null/RIOID=null/knet/it_119325/item-iip.html,iip,width=960,height=600,top=0,left=0,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,status=no,location=no)) is not available.
    Apache Tomcat/6.0.28

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support need be better

i am trying to get support but its so difficult, it can be easy. I cant access to tech course.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Marvin, sorry you are having trouble. Have you attempted to contact the helpdesk? Click on Help in tool bar at top of screen. Then select “Contact Support.” If that doesn’t work for you please let us know.

8. I would like to be able to access the courses I have created

I have crated two course but IE9 can't connect to them

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Stephen, if you haven’t already, please contact the helpdesk directly and provide them details so that we can research what is happening. Sorry for the hassle. That is certainly not how it should be working.

9. Scrap it

Thie site is flippin useless, I cant find anything, i cant add new users. I cant go back to the old academy instructor which worked well for 8 years. I am starting new classes tomorrow and while i can add new users to the class, how do the new users get an account? This is totally stupid and you need to fix it NOW.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Clive,
    Sorry for the frustation. When you add students to the class (“View/add enrollments” link on teach tab) they receive an email invitation that sets up their account and adds them to your course at the same time. If that is not working for you or your students, please contact the helpdesk directly.

You may also find the tutorials helpful. They can be found here:

https://www.netacad.com/group/program/faqs-and-tutorials

10. Fix Assessments

Some of my students are getting an internal error when submitting the exams. When loading it again, all the questions are not loaded and in some cases none of them. As far as I've seen in some cases the Remaining time when opening the exam again is almost the same as the total time, so I guess it was saved just a few moments after the beggining of the exam.

Is there any chance to solve it in a short term? My students are complaining and they are right...

Cheers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Leandro, if you haven’t already, please contact the helpdesk directly for the issue you are seeing.

11. Problem with required fields

Problem with required fields.
    I have a student who has just a name (ABOUBAKAR) , then I Cannot enroll him in my course because the form is requiring the first and the last name.

How can I solve this problem?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Email Students

When I try to email the students who scored below a 69% explaining they need to re-take, I get an invalid recepient when trying to email.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Displaying the calandar

There is a problem with displaying the month name when using the calendar option on Netspace.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Upload a CSV appears to do nothing! (Using IE7)

Upload a CSV appears to do nothing! (Using IE7)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Discussion posting error bug

When students reply to a discussion it gives them an error although it does post the response without them knowing it. Consequently students think the post failed and repost, etc, etc. until they refresh the discussion link.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I used the new Resend Invitation in Enrollments. There were some erros. I loggd them in the help desk. The ticket number is 120910-000181

I used the new Resend Invitation in Enrollments. I sent it to 4 students. The button is off on one but is stll on for three. I logged them in the help desk. The ticket number is 120910-000181. The ticket also shows where the email does not contain the username or password when I deleted and reset up the students because they had bad email addresses and did not et the original invitation. The invitations must always contain the username and password.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. bug report

when you create a second class without going out of the system and back in it won't let you choose a secondary academy instructor at your academy. The only choices are your ASC and Echo Rantanen. While I would like to have Dwight Hughes and Echo teach my class I really need it to say Rod Thompson. We reproduced this bug twice. Email if you have any questions. Jeff

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Jeff, did you get your problem resolved? If not, could you contact the helpdesk with the details?

Thanks!

19. There are many bugs in the system regarding security

One of my students tried to do chapter 3 assessment , while he was doing chapter three exam , he tried to access chapter 4 exam which was not active to show another student how to enter the exam . He completed his chapter 3 exam and as he finished the grade was registered to chapter 4 which was not active !!!

Another student logged to the system while another just left the PC , he entered his username and password , the account of the student who just logged out was deleted from the system although he even did…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ashraf, thanks for your feedback. We are currently working on a solution to make it easier to bring students over from Academy Connection.

On the two security issues you mention. Could you please contact the helpdesk if you haven’t already and provide account details so we can investigate exactly what is happening?

Thanks!

20. wrong language manual

Resources -> Instructor lab manual
    language is in german instead of spanish

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Instructor Feedback Forum

Categories